1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Chop Chop come here before the woodchopper comes to chop chop me up||2. Can you find me, head up the track to the first tree||3. Bambi and bijou make many a friend just before the bend. Look at the fence and you will see||4. Up in the front yard by the old cattle shed||5. Head up to the main farm yard but walk straight through, keep straight on the path do not turn! Check every little tree along the path, pop me when you find me||6. Follow the footpath and you will find a Steddle barn, one person carefully go in||7. Baa baa baa where they like to make their bed||8. In the chicken shed find the next clue in something blue||9. _o_ b _ _e H_ _ v_ _ t_r||10. Up the track to the famous oak tree||11. Now Take the footpath around the chicken but don't turn at the corner keep following the hedge along the grass edge, when the hedge ends stop and bend!||12. Head straight back towards home and you will see a gate, find something there it's worth the wait||13. Now this is the last clue the winner is the first one to find so don't get left behind. Head straight back home to search, it's somewhere you wouldn't want to pirch. Boiling hot in the winter and cold in the summer!||14. Well done!!!!!!||15. Chop Chop come here before the woodchopper comes to chop chop me up|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)