1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1. What is 5 x 3?||15||2. 2. What is 12-9?||3||3. 3. If I have £1 and I buy a drink that costs 60p, how much change will I get?||40p||4. 4. If the bus leaves school at 9:30am and the journey to the cinema takes 25 mins, what time will I arrive?||9:55am||5. 5. What is 1/4 of 40?||10||6. 6. Is 11 an odd or even number?||odd||7. 7. How many hours are in one day?||24||8. 8. Write the number eight hundred and sixty five.||865||9. 9. What number comes next in this sequence? 6, 12, 18 _____||24||10. 10. How many sides does a pentagon have?||5||11. 11. How many corners does a square have?||4||12. 12. Is 4/8 the same as 1/2? Yes or no?||Yes||13. 13. Write down two numbers that add up to 100||any two numbers that add up to 100||14. 14. What is 7 x 2?||14||15. 15. What is 10 divided (shared) by 2?||5|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)