1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. a person or thing that makes something happen||cause||2. When you use other parts of a passage to figure out what a word means||context clues||3. the bold printed words on a page in a dictionary||entry words||4. fake||fiction||5. definitions of words, found in back of a book||glossary||6. taken or meant word for word||literal||7. person, place, thing or quality in grammar||noun||8. the time and place where an event or story occurs||setting||9. special parts of a book or passage that organize information||text features||10. central idea or message of a work of literature||theme||11. a part of speech which expresses an action||verb||12. the creator of a written work||author||13. true life story written by and about the author||autobiography||14. written history of the life of a person||biography||15. a result or a reaction to something or someone||effect|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)