1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 11. a land grant given to one who could not pay his or her way to the colonies11||headright11||2. 12. Virginia assembly, which was the first representative assembly in the colonies12||House of Burgesses12||3. 13. person who disagrees with an official church13||dissenter13||4. 14. document that has been called the first written constitution in America14||Fundamental Orders of Connecticut14||5. 15. a country of area under the control of another country15||colony15||6. 16. one who worked for a set time, without pay, in exchange for passage to the New World16||indentured servant16||7. 17. acceptance of different opinions17||tolerance17||8. 18. group of protestant dissenters18||Quakers18||9. 19. English dissenters who wanted to reform the Church of England19||Puritans19||10. 20. a place where people establish a community20||settlement20||11. 21. written contract giving the right to establish a colony21||charter21||12. 22. to mistreat22||persecute22||13. 23. to force someone to leave a place23||banish23||14. 24. person who puts money into a project to earn a profit24||investor24||15. 25. group of people who belong to the same church25||congregation25|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)