1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What does symbol number 1 mean||poison||2. How much of your grade is based on your tests and quizzes||50%||3. What is the room number for your biology class||406||4. What is my email firstname.lastname@example.org||5. What percentage of points you can receive on late assignments||0||6. What are 3 supplies you must have at home||colored markers, scissors, glue||7. What does symbol number 5 mean||fumes||8. What will happen to you after 8 tardies||dropped with an F||9. What is the school’s cell phone policy||phones are turned off||10. What are you allow to consume in class||water||11. What does symbol number 3 mean||wash your hands||12. What is the punishment for cheating||0||13. What does symbol number 8 mean||breakage||14. When absent for a test or quiz, how long do you have to make it up||2 days||15. What is the code to sign up for Remind||81010|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)