1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What is the highest score possible using three darts?||180||2. Which of these is NOT a sport at the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics? Biathlon, Ice Football, Skeleton||Ice Football||3. Which country was added to the Five Nations to become the Six Nations championship in the year 2000?||Italy||4. Which of these sports is currently in the Commonwealth Games but NOT in the Olympic Games?Badminton, Squash, Triathlon||Squash||5. With 13 FA Cup victories, this football team has won the trophy more than any other?||Arsenal||6. How many football matches in total were played during the 2018 World Cup in Russia?||64||7. What do people traditionally eat at Wimbledon?||Strawberries and cream||8. The Ryder Cup is a golf tournament where players from Europe compete against players from which other country?||The United States||9. Which of these sports stars is not a gymnast? Amy Tinkler, Claudia Fragapane, Bianca Walkden||Bianca Walkden||10. How many times has Lewis Hamilton won the Formula 1 championship?||4 times||11. Who won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2017?||Mo Farah||12. Rob Cross won the 2018 PDC World Darts Championship. Who did he beat in the final?||Phil Taylor||13. Who became the first player to both throw and catch a touchdown pass in a Super Bowl?||Nick Foles||14. Which famous boxer’s super-middleweight son lost to George Groves in Manchester?||Chris Eubank||15. The discovery of an unexploded World War Two bomb threatened to postpone which annual sporting contest?||The Boat Race|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)