1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Get two selfies with two separate teachers, one photo of your group and post on either Facebook, Twitter and Instagram then #Gateshead College||Yes||2. Complete this sequence of letters: J F M A M J J A||SOND||3. What percentage of people would electrocute someone else, if they were told to?||65%||4. Four people try to get underneath one small umbrella, but nobody gets wet. How is this possible?||It isn't raining.||5. The groups gets into a line. You must then transfer the balloon from the first person to the last, without using your hands?||Yes||6. What 3.14159265358979 can you eat?||Pi||7. Challenge - ‘Follow’ or ‘friend’ two others in your year group||Yes||8. How many minutes does it take to decide whether you like someone or not?||Four||9. Who wrote Frankenstein?||Mary Shelley||10. Challenge - Remove two pieces from the Jenga block, without it collapsing||Yes||11. A cowboy rode into town on Friday, spent one night there, and left on Friday. How do you account for this?||Friday is the horse's name||12. Three members of your group must do 10 keep-ups before you can move on||Yes||13. Who painted the Mona Lisa?||Leonardo Da Vinci||14. Each group member photographs the others and tags them on Facebook||Yes||15. What is significant about the year 1067?||First anniversary of the Battle of Hastings!||16. All group members to score a goal in netball before you can move on||Yes|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)