1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1SHHHHH! You must be quiet in this building. You will find your clue, not on the stairs but on something that rhymes with “champ”||Ramp||2. Three important symbols, very high in the sky (with the weather lately, they rarely stay dry!)2||Flag Poles2||3. UKM273. Miss Bath’s registration. But for what??3||Miss Bath’s Car3||4. Not many of these left in the school, but this one is outside the Hall. Make sure you don’t bark up the wrong one, or you could get confused!4||Tree4||5. On a hot day you may insert coins here, but during class time you must stay clear.5||Vending Machine5||6. It sits on a wall all bright, but needs to be turned on like a light. There's many in the school,But don’t be a fool, This one is in the humanities hall, In a room with a Legal studies wall6||H406||7. Administration, Senior school, Canteen, Student Services , Hall / Sports (Where have you seen these words before?)7||Sign at front of school7||8. Too much sugar and sweets and you may end up here.8||Dentist Van8||9. Ronaldo,Messi and Beckham have spent hours on these, Go for a penalty and you will find what you are looking for9||Soccer field9||10. Usb eHeSlTr10||Bus Shelter10||11. Outside the Library you might have a picnic, But look close, from a different perspective11||Picnic Tables11||12. These go up and down without moving? These ones are outside and close to the oval12||Stairs at back of the gym12||13. You might find Lettuce, Cabbage, Basil and Chives in these. (Outside)13||Vegetale Garden13||14. Is it a Goal?! No it’s a point…14||Goal Posts14||15. Its time to take time out and smell the ROSES!Look carefully as its often whats behind, That we will see what it is we need to find!15||Roses out front of K wing (on drain pipe)15||16. Hope your feeling energetic as you will need to head to the South .Past the goal post and to the fence, you will find me on the remains of a once leafy, green tree16||Back oval16|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)