1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. A 50g piece of wood which has a density of 0.4g/cm³, what is the volume?||125cm³||2. A statue with a volume of 120cm³ made from ceramic which has a density of 2g/cm³, what is the mass?||240g||3. A 770g block made of brass which has a density of 8.67g/cm³, what is the volume of the block?||88.8cm³||4. 5 tonnes of gold which has a density of 19300 kg/m³, what is the volume?||0.25m³||5. 2.1m³ of oil with a mass of 1775 kg, what is the density?||845 kg/m³||6. A cube of ice has side length of 5cm. The mass of the cube of ice is 114.5g. Find the density of ice?||0.916g/cm³||7. The mass of 4m³ of silver is 41960kg.The density of gold is 19300kg/m³. Calculate the difference in mass between 5m³ of silver and 5m³ of gold?||44050kg||8. Material A has a density of 4.5g/cm³. Material B has a density of 14g/cm³. 5kg of Material A and 200g of Material B form Material C. Work out the density of Material C?||5.76g/cm³||9. A crate exerts a force of 120 newtons on a table.The pressure on the table is 15 newtons/m².Calculate the area of the crate that is in contact with the table?||8m²||10. A box is placed on the floor. The area of the box in contact with the floor is 2.4m². Pressure exerted on the floor 16 newtons/m². Work out the force exerted by the box on the floor?||38.4N||11. Give your answer in newtons/m²?||8000 N/m²||12. A plane travels at an average speed of 550km/h.The plane travels 3300 kilometres. How long did the plane journey take?||6 hours||13. A village is 20 miles from Belfast. Conor drives from the village to Belfast at 40mph. Kelly drives from the village to Belfast at 50mph. Work out how much longer the journey takes Conor. Give your answer in minutes?||6 mins||14. Convert 5km/h into m/s?||1.3889 m/s||15. The speed limit on a road is 50 mph. A car drives 19 miles in 22 minutes. Is the car breaking the speed limit?||yes|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)