1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. First woman to fly a plane around the world||Amelia Earhart||2. Author who produced the first literature for the mass market2||Louisa May Alcott||3. Who was the first woman in congress3||Jeannette Rankin||4. Who was the first American woman awarded a medical degree by a college4||Elizabeth Blackwell||5. Who was the Queen of Egypt and the last pharaoh5||Cleopatra||6. Who was the Queen of England when England became a major European power in politics, commerce, and the arts6||Elizabeth I||7. Who was considered one of the greatest jazz singers of all time7||Ella Fitzgerald||8. Who had a childhood disease left her deaf, mute, and blind. She became an expert author and lecturer, educating nationally on behalf of others with similar disabilities7||Helen Keller||9. Who was the first American woman in space was also the youngest American astronaut ever to orbit Earth8||Dr. Sally Ride||10. Who is an actress and the host of a highly successful talk show9||Oprah Winfrey||11. Who is Facebook's COO who was named the most powerful woman in technology on the Forbes’ 100 Most Powerful Women list, placing at No. 7 on the list overall10||Sheryl Sandberg|
Question 1 (of 11)
Question 2 (of 11)
Question 3 (of 11)
Question 4 (of 11)
Question 5 (of 11)
Question 6 (of 11)
Question 7 (of 11)
Question 8 (of 11)
Question 9 (of 11)
Question 10 (of 11)
Question 11 (of 11)