1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. In a school there are 458 boys and 524 girls. How many students are there all in all.||2. A shopkeeper bought 240 eggs and sold 148 eggs. How many eggs were left unsold?||3. Cathy needs at least 2,000 points to go to level 2 in a video game. She has only 1,254 points in level 1. How many more points does she need to qualify for level 2?||4. Dora got $325 from her father and $289 from her mother. How much money does she have now?||5. There are 230 lions and 140 tigers in a forest. These are the only wild animals in the forest. How many wild animals are there in the forest?||6. In a grand musical show, 1,201 men and 1,389 women participated. What is the total number of participants?||7. Daniel jogs 1,300 meters and runs 1,800 meters. What is the total distance that Daniel covered?||8. There are 3,289 birds in a bird sanctuary. 1,438 more birds join during summer. How many birds are there in summer.||9. In the society library, there are 398,456 old books. The management decided to add 67,876 new books. How many books will be there in library?||10. An animal care society tested 356 pet animals. 127 were infected by diseases. How many healthy pet animals are there?||11. In an annual celebration, 674 students participated. Of them, 392 were girls. How many boys were in the celebration?||12. Mark has a book which contains 649 pages. He has already read 495 pages. How many pages are unread?||13. Clara withdrew $6,789 from her account. The initial amount in her account was $8,790. How much is left in Clara's account after the withdrawal?||14. A free medical camp was conducted in Mexico. 1,278 males participated in the camp. The entry book shows 4,012 people participated in the camp. How many females participated in camp?||15. Mr. Milson donates $3,599 by check for Haiti relief fund. The amount in his account is $108,458. What will be the balance in his account once the check is released?|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)