1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. For every 10,000 people there is one with IQ greater than 130. What type of event is "I met a person with IQ less than 130 on the street?"||likely||2. Anthony is rolling a dice. What type of event is "divisor of 12 appeared?"||likely||3. 5 out of 7 drivers in the school zone are teenagers. How many teenagers should be expected among 224 drivers in the school zone?||160||4. Tyrese selects a card from the deck of 52 cards. What is the probability that he will select a red card?||50%||5. What is the probability of picking a blueberry or a raspberry from a plate of 12 blackberries, 4 blueberries, and 8 raspberries?||0.50 or 1/2||6. Emily flips a coin and picks a card from the deck of 52 cards. What is the number of all possible outcomes?||104||7. Brandi has 3 umbrellas and 4 rain jackets. How many different combinations of an umbrella and a rain jacket can she make?||12||8. Nahzur rolls a dice, flips a coin, spins a spinner, and picks a card. What is the number of all possible outcomes?||384||9. Cortni walks 8 miles in 4 hours and 12 miles in 6 hours. What is her average speed?||2mi/hr||10. The equation w = 4r represents the number of walls, reflected by the number of rooms r. How many walls does a room have?||4||11. Joe bought t eggs in the market arranged in p packs. Each pack contain e eggs. Write an equation that would represent this proportional relationship.||t=pe||12. Devin earned 300 dollars working in the factory for d days. Each day he earned x dollars. Write an equation that would represent this proportional relationship.||300=dx||13. If x:y=2:3 and y:z=6:5, what is x:y:z?||4:6:5||14. Alyssa put $100 in a bank that pays 10% compounded annually. How much money will she have in her bank after 2 years?||$121||15. What is the circumference of a circle if the radius of the circle is 6 inches?||37.68 inches||16. A dog is tied with a leash that has a length of 2 meters. What is the area in which the dog can move?||12.56 squared meters|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)