1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Name the 5 sections of the library media center.||Fiction, non-fiction, reference, biography, and everybody reads||2. How many books can students check out at one time in grades 3,4 and 5?2||Two2||3. When can you come to the library to check books in and check books out?3||anytime3||4. What happens if you lose a library book?4||You will need to pay for it before getting another one.4||5. Where do books go when you have checked them in and are going to get more?5||on the color coded cart5||6. What do we do in a fire drill?||6exit quietly through the door and go out the door that goes toward the cafeteria6||7. What do you do with a book that you have removed from the shelf and decide you don't want to get?7||put it on the colored return cart7||8. What is the main thing you must have in order to check out a book?8||shelf marker8||9. If you are finished reading for now, what should you do to save your place?9||a bookmark9||10. What happens if you check out a book and find it is damaged or written in?10||return it immediately to Mrs. Piper||11. What is the system we use to look for books in the library called?11||Destiny11|
Question 1 (of 11)
Question 2 (of 11)
Question 3 (of 11)
Question 4 (of 11)
Question 5 (of 11)
Question 6 (of 11)
Question 7 (of 11)
Question 8 (of 11)
Question 9 (of 11)
Question 10 (of 11)
Question 11 (of 11)