1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Much of a Alaska is a ________________ that needs to be protected.||Wilderness||2. In cold weather, let the engine _____________ for a few minutes before you drive anyplace.||idle||3. Which of the following are closely associated? Baseball and summer, Hansel Cinderella, salt and onions.||Baseball and Summer||4. A ____________ is an example of something that is____________.||brilliant||5. One _______________ to attend the new school is a uniform.||requirement||6. The invention of the railroad _____________ America in the 1800's.||transformed.||7. The students want ____________ to the gym this summer.||access||8. Don't_____________someone just because they look or act differently from you.||taunt||9. Two local companies ___________the money to buy our school new art supplies.||provided||10. The class became so ____________ that the substitute could not control them.||boisterous||11. The period from 1990-1999 is called a _____________.||decade||12. We always wash this ____________ china plate by hand.||delicate||13. Carmen's new gift shop __________ four people.||employs||14. You will need a flashlight to ___________ your pathway through the forest.||illuminate||15. You learn to __________ certain amount of noise when you live by an airport.||tolerate|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)