1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1. Charles Dickens died in 1870. He wrote the book “Great Expectations”.||Charles Dickens, who wrote the book “Great Expectations”, died in 1870.||2. 2. There used to be two lions in the zoo. Both of the lions were male.||There used to be two lions in the zoo, both of which were male.||3. 3. The concert starts at 7 pm. I have tickets for it.||The concert, which I have tickets for, starts at 7 pm.||4. 4. John Forrest is an award-winning actor. I met him last year.||John Forrest, who(m) I met last year, is an award-winning actor.||5. 5. The dishes use ingredients grown on the local farm. They are all suitable for vegetarians.||The dishes, all of which are suitable for vegetarians, use ingredients grown on the local farm.||6. 6. Unfortunately, the market, which I buy my food from, has closed down.||Unfortunately, the market, which I buy my food from, has closed down./Unfortunately, the market where I buy my food has closed down./Unfortunately, the market (which/that) I buy my food from has closed down.|
Question 1 (of 6)
Question 2 (of 6)
Question 3 (of 6)
Question 4 (of 6)
Question 5 (of 6)
Question 6 (of 6)