1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What is the name of a famous shell found in Sanibel, FL?||junonia||2. Where did Brian Robeson crash in Hatchet?||Canada||3. Which mountain did Peak Marcello attempt to climb?||Mt. Everest||4. Who runs through the town in his nightgown?||Wee Willie Winkie||5. What magical place is the setting for A Snicker of Magic?||Midnight Gulch, TN||6. What name is Spark short for?||Stella Park||7. What is the name of the Japanese Crime Syndicate that Claire Takata's father once belonged to?||Yakuza||8. What Teen Biography depicts a family member whose family is famous for their beards?||Young and Beardless||9. What type of seeds can be saved from year to year and will grow true to type each year?||Heirloom||10. What set of islands in Alaska were invaded by Japan on June 10, 1942?||Aleutian Islands||11. What is the name of the football player whose life story is depicted in the move, The Blind Side?||Michael Oher||12. What is the nickname for two storm chasers from St. Cloud, MN?||twister sisters||13. What soft drink began as an elixir to sooth many bodily problems?||Coca-cola||14. What is the name of the author who wrote about the smartest kids in the world?||Amanda Ripley||15. What book would you use to find the famous quote from the movie Jerry Macguire, “Show Me the Money!”||Bartlett’s Book of Quotations|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)