1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. With a family member, friend or colleague, prove that “You can’t say you can’t play.”||Pingry||2. Email me a description and/or a photograph of the most innovative thing you've done or seen this summer.||Pingry||3. Make an adjustment to something you use frequently.||Pingry||4. Take a picture in front of the gift that the class of 2007 gave to the Lower School?||Two Oak Trees||5. Where are the words “Mens Sana in Corpore Sano” written on campus and what does it mean?||”Healthy Mind in a Healthy Body” Country Day School plaque||6. Take a picture of the Community Garden/Outdoor Learning Lab. Throughout the year, email me pictures of how you and your students are making use of the Community Garden/Outdoor Learning Lab.||Pingry||7. Find Joan Pearlman's signature.||Corvino Commons||8. Take a picture of a space that hosts new ideas.||Pingry||9. Which member of our faculty would like to have dinner with Winston Churchill, Thomas Jefferson, Queen Elizabeth II, and Paul McCartney?||Amelia||10. Find the tree that is dedicated to Lisa Allan-Smith.||Courtyard||11. When will the Pingry Lower School Time Capsule be opened?||Courtyard||12. What gift did the Class of 2009 give to the Lower School?||Tree Mural||13. Where is the lego sculpture of Ted shaking hands located (other than his office)?||2P||14. Which of our faculty or staff members would like to have dinner with Princess Diana, President & First Lady Michelle Obama, Prince, Oprah, and Mary J. Blige?||Lindsay||15. Where are the words "Lift every voice and sing" written around the school?||Near KSP, on a chair||16. How many times do the words "Honor and Love" appear on the "150th Celebration Mural" by the gymnasium?||6|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)