1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1-REF 070.195 G||We Interrupt This Broadcast||2. 2-What is the Call # for a biography on Abraham Lincoln?||92 LIN||3. 3-Find a Fiction book whose author's last name begins with Z||F ZEV Elsewhere||4. 4-What's the subject for books with a Call # of 791.737?||Movies||5. 5-What's the subject for books with a Call # of 940.3?||WWI||6. 6-Find the title of one new book||Rose Under Fire||7. 7-Use an atlas to find the capital of Tanzania?||Dodoma||8. 8-What other tools are located with the stapler?||hole punch, paper cutter, markers, colored pencils, scissors, rulers, paper||9. 9-Use a dictionary to find the definition of the word: influent?||a tributary stream||10. 10-What is the Call # of the first book in the paperback (PB) section?||PB AGE||11. 11-Which one of the library's periodicals (magazines) most interests you?||12. 12-What are the library hours on Monday?||7:30-5||13. 13-What's the title of the book with the Call # of SC LEG?||Legends||14. 14-What is the call number of a graphic novel?||741.5...||15. 15-What is the call number of a book on CD?||CD...|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)