1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. All of the body’s systems work together to maintain balance||Homeostasis||2. The force of blood pushing against the walls of the arteries as the heart pumps blood and expressed in millimeters of mercury.||Blood Pressure||3. The rhythmic expansion and recoil of arteries resulting from heart contraction; can be felt from the outside of the body.||Pulse||4. Normal Heart Rate||60-100 bpm||5. Normal Blood Pressure||120/80||6. Normal Temperature||97.8-99.0||7. Abnormally low body temperature.||Hypothermia||8. Overheating of the body, possibly due to extreme weather conditions.||Hyperthermia||9. True or False; Strong emotion can cause high body temperature?||True||10. True of False: A person with a temperature of 99.0 has a fever.||False||11. The pressure on the arteries when the heart is at rest is called||Diastolic reading.||12. The pressure on the arteries when the heart is contracting is called||Systolic reading||13. True/False; Blood Pressure is not constant||True||14. True/False; Extended periods of high blood pressure can damage the kidneys, heart and other vital organs?||True||15. The four main vital signs are: Pulse/Heart Rate, Temperature, Respiration Rate and what?||Blood Pressure||16. True/False; Blood pressure is higher when you sleep?||False|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)