1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Find an adult fiction book that was made into a movie. What is the title, the author and the call#.||Answers will vary.||2. Find a Percey Jackson book in the YA section. Where did you find it?||YA F Roi||3. Find your a magazine you'd like to read. What is the title of the magazine and what page is the cover story found on?||answers will vary||4. Choose a nonfiction title on technology that you would like to learn more about. Write the title and the call#.||answers will vary||5. Find a travel book of a place you would like to visit. What is the title and the call #?||answers will vary||6. Locate an audio book or music CD you would like to check out. Write the title, author or singer, and the call#.||answers will vary||7. Find a book written by Mary Higgins Clark. Give the title and call#.||answers will vary||8. Find a western title by Louis L'Amour and write down the title and call#.||answers will vary.||9. Find a Science Fiction book and give the title, author and call#.||10. Find a book in the biography section about someone you admire or would like to learn more about. Write the title, author and call number.||answers will vary||11. Choose a movie from the Spanish section. Write the title and call#.||answers will vary||12. Go to the circulation desk downstairs. What are the names of the librarians working the desk?||answers will vary||13. Find your favorite children's book. What is the title, author and call#?||answers vary||14. Who are the librarians working at the reference desk?||answers vary||15. What do you need to get a quiet place to study?||a library card||16. Where can you check out books but not any other media?||self check machines|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)