1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What card tells the states where Johnny planted trees? List the states.||Card5 PA,WV,OH,IN, and IL||2. What kind of stories did Johnny tell about? What card gave you this information?||about his adventures Card7||3. What is Johnny Appleseed's real name? What card tells you this?||John Chapman Card1||4. The settlers would give Johnny a meal and a place to sleep in exchange for ______. List what he gave them. What card provides this information?||apples, apple trees, and news Card9||5. What card tells about how Johnny cared for all living things? What did he do that showed he cares?||Card12 He wouldn't even kill mosquitoes||6. What card tells about the one thing Johnny wished he never did? What animal did he kill and why?||Card14 rattlesnake because it was going to bite him||7. Where was Johnny Appleseed born? When is his birthday? What card tells you these facts?||Massachusetts and September 26, 1774 Card2||8. What card tells what Johnny Appleseed's dream was? Write what his dream was.||Card11 to grow enough apples so no one would ever go hungry||9. What card tells how Johnny protected the trees he planted? What did he do to protect the trees?||Card4 fences, neighbors||10. What card tells how kind Johnny was and how he was willing to help others? What did he give to the pioneers he visited?||Card8 seeds of plants for medicine||11. Who travelled west with Johnny for awhile? What card gave you that information?||his younger brother Nathaniel Card3||12. Could you ever visit one of Johnny's apple orchards? What card tells you this?||Yes Card16||13. Did Johnny chase away the bear so that he could have shelter? What Card tells you this information?||No Card13||14. What card tells you why Johnny Appleseed was considered a hero? What did he do?||Card15 He saved many settlers during the War of 1812||15. Why did Johnny Appleseed walk back east? What card told you this?||to collect more apple seeds and to check his trees Card6||16. Johnny Appleseed was a friend of the Native Americans. Why did they like him? What card gave you this information?||considered him to be touched by the Great Spirit Card10|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)