1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What type of word is 'jump'?||Verb||2. What type of word is 'cloud'?||Noun||3. What type of word is 'happily'?||Adverb||4. What type of word is 'clumsy'?||Adjective||5. What type of word is 'under'?||Preposition||6. What type of word is 'an'?||Article||7. Which is the verb in this sentence? 'She ran as fast as she could?||Ran||8. Which is the noun in this sentence? 'I was bored so I watched the television.'||Television||9. Which is the prepostion in this sentence? 'Angrily, she threw the pen on the table.'||On||10. Which is the adverb in this sentence? 'She looked happily at the spectacular view.'||Happily||11. Which is the connective in this sentence? 'Later, I will go the shops.'||Later||12. What is a pronoun?||A word that replaces the noun e.g. she, they||13. Write down all the nouns in this sentence: "Mum! Where's my bag?" shouted Ryan. He was late for school and his dad was waiting for him in the car.||Mum, bag, Ryan, school, dad, car||14. Write down all the nouns in this sentence: Everyone going on the school trip to France must bring his or her passport.||Going, bring||15. Write down all the adjectives in this sentence: He ran quickly down the steep stairs and nearly tripped over his sister's red school bag.||Steep, red, school|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)