1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What are the 3 periods of the Stone Age?||old stone age (Palaeolithic), the middle stone age (Mesolithic) and the New Stone Age (Neolithic).||2. What did they make their tools out of?||stone.||3. The early humans in the stone age made paintings and carvings but what did they make these paintings and carvings on?||a cave wall or rocks.||4. How did most stone age people get their food? Did they a) grow it or b) hunt for it?||hunt for it.||5. Name 3 stone age animals.||Wooly mammoth, cave bear, wild boar etc.||6. Name 3 foods that stone age people eat.||fruit and nuts, fish, eggs, plants etc.||7. What pets did the stone age people have?||cats.||8. What well known tourist attraction is linked to the stone age?||Stone henge.||9. What were the tools used for?||cutting meat and chopping bones.||10. What did the stone age people use for their clothing?||animal skins.||11. The Stone age people worshipped Gods? True or false?||True.||12. Did the stone age people have any beliefs and what were they?||tried to contact the spirits of the animals they hunted, made tombs for their ancestors, made up stories about the weather.||13. In Britain how long ago was the stone age? a) 15,000 years ago b) 22,000 years ago or c) 12,000 years ago.||c) 12,000 years ago.||14. What was the name of the most common stone they used?||flint.||15. Discussion Question...would you like to live in the Stone Age? Explain your answer.||discussion answer.|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)