1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. I march before armies, a thousand salute me, My fall can bring victory, but no one would shoot me; The wind is my lover, one-legged am I, Name me and see me, at home in the sky.||Flag Pole||2. Hip Hip Hooray, don’t lose your way. This blue and yellow Phoenix pride, is posted along a hallway.||Cheerleader in 2nd grade hallway||3. Super hero, big and mean there’s two to choose from, Just look for the green.||Hulk in 2nd grade hallway||4. “My country tis of thee…” Keep singing til you find the majesty.||Music/Art||5. Up, Up and Away Meetings and clips and the data PAR-TAY!||Principal Conference Room||6. Full of color for you to see rarely to be seen, a pot of gold if you are so lucky||Rainbow||7. Open or close, its easy to spot, Just hurry to find it, Or you’ll miss the show||Cafeteria Stage||8. Most think I’m green, Though I come in many colors Some teachers choose me for a theme.||Frogs in 4th Grade||9. Rainbow, angel or cat There’s many, many more at that, Can you find the school within our school||Fish||10. Some may say it’s a perfect treat For someone special like you, so kind and sweet, they say one a day will keep the doctor away.||Apple||11. Adams and Holgash are ready for a match. They have a net, but it does not catch.||basketball Hoop||12. You can go up and you can go down, But which floor will the clue be found?||elevator||13. This appliance keeps food nice. It turns water into ice.||Faculty room Freezer||14. You have to make him quickly, Not much time to have some fun. He won’t stick around long, Once he’s been out in the sun||Snowman in Kindergarten hallway||15. Kids come here and parents, too, rarely do they stay; So we check them in and send them on their way.||Front Desk||16. Take a walk and step outside, This is where many kids go to catch a ride||bus loop|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)