1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1. Explain how the lymphatic system works together with the cardiovascular system.||It collects leaked fluid in the cell and send it back to the system||2. 2. Name 2 types of digestion and where they occur.||Chemical digestion: in the small intestine; Mechanical digestion: in the mouth||3. 3. List 3 white blood cells and their jobs.||1. Macrophages: destroy pathogens 2. Killer T-cells: destroy infectious cells 3. B-cells: make antibodies||4. 4. List sex hormones for male and female.||Male: Testosterone, Female: Estrogen||5. 5. Which chamber of the heart is the strongest? Why?||The left ventricle, because it has to pump blood to the whole body.||6. 6. List 3 eating disorders.||Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge eating||7. 7. True/False: Pancreas produces insulin.||True||8. 8. Give 1 example of positive feedback in the endocrine system.||Childbirth, Lactation||9. 9. List 4 parts of human blood.||Plasma, Red blood cells, White blood cells, Platelets||10. 10. What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercises?||Aerobic exercise increases the use of oxygen. Anaerobic exercise does not.||11. 11. Explain how a pair of muscle work together to make a movement.||One muscle contracts, while another muscle relaxes.||12. 12. Where are T-cells produced?||Thymus||13. 13. List 6 classes of nutrient.||Carbohydrate, Protein, Fat, Vitamins, Minerals, Water.||14. 14. List 3 types of muscle and identify which is voluntary or involuntary.||Cardiac: involuntary, Smooth: involuntary, Skeletal: voluntary.||15. 15. List 5 types of bones.||Short, long, flat, irregular, sesamoid.|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)