1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Question 1 What is the name of the Hair and Beauty Salon?||N Sync||2. Question 2 What is the name of the place where you can buy your lunch?||Bistro||3. Question 3 Name two of the departments that can be found in the LRC||Student Services, Learning Support||4. Question 4 Where do you go for information/queries on your Bursary or travel costs?||Student Services||5. Question 5 What is the College Charter?||The way we do things here||6. Question 6 What is the minimum expected attendance for all students on this course?||90%||7. Question 7 If you have a problem with your course who should you go to first?||My tutor||8. Question 8 What is the name of the student union area?||Getaway||9. Question 9 What time does the Getaway open?||10. Question 10 What does ‘LRC’ stand for?||Learning Resource Centre||11. Question 11 Name two policies we have in college||health and safety, equality and diversity||12. Question 12 How do policies affect you?||Policies help support and protect us||13. Question 13 What are our Colleges Visions and Values||See sheet||14. Question 14 Identify and list the stages of the behaviour contract||disciplinary ladder||15. Question 15 Where should you go if you hear the fire alarm? Take a picture of the place.||fire assembly point|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)