1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Which reindeer is missing? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph.||Vixen||2. What was given on the 9th day of Christmas?||9 ladies dancing||3. What date in December is the 6th day of Christmas?||12/19||4. What is the name of Tiny Tim's father in the Christmas Carol?||Bob Cratchit||5. What did Frosty the Snowman have for a nose?||Button||6. Which 'who' caught the Grinch stealing the Christmas tree?||Cindy Lou Who||7. According to the movie "Elf" what is the best way to spread Christmas cheer?||Sing loud for all to hear||8. In the movie "A Christmas Story" what did Ralphie want for Christmas?||Red Ryder BB Gun||9. What is the dog's name in the movie "The Grinch"?||Max||10. How many ghosts visit Ebenezer Scrooge in a Christmas Carol?||4|
Question 1 (of 10)
Question 2 (of 10)
Question 3 (of 10)
Question 4 (of 10)
Question 5 (of 10)
Question 6 (of 10)
Question 7 (of 10)
Question 8 (of 10)
Question 9 (of 10)
Question 10 (of 10)