1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1. Your job is to find the QR codes on the orange paper located around the cafeteria and complete the challenges at each station. Your team should record your work on the pages at each stop. Start by finding the QR code on the orange paper near Mrs. DuPont's room.||Go to the...||2. 2. Safe & Civil Schools is committed to improving school climate and culture using a proactive, positive, and instructional approach. Complete the fill-in-the-blank page by placing the red words in the correct spots in the definitions for proactive, positive, and instructional. Next, find the orange paper by the kitchen door.||Go to the…||3. 3. You heard two acronyms at the staff meeting on Monday. Write the word(s) that go with each letter in the acronyms. You may want to do a google IMAGE search for “Safe and Civil Schools STOIC” and “Safe and Civil Schools CHAMPS” to help you figure out the words.Your next challenge is by the piano.||Go to the…||4. Go to the table with your team's color on it.||Go to the…||5. 5. This is your last stop. With your team, complete the CHAMPS in the CAFETERIA page. As a group, establish the expectations for C. H. M. & P in CHAMPS to ensure the “S”, Success!||Go|
Question 1 (of 5)
Question 2 (of 5)
Question 3 (of 5)
Question 4 (of 5)
Question 5 (of 5)