1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1. What is the significance of 1607?||Jamestown was established||2. 2. What is the significance of 1620?||Plymouth was established||3. 3. Where was Jamestown located?||in Virginia by Chesapeake Bay and James River||4. 4. Where was Plymouth located?||in Cape Code, Massachusetts||5. 5. What was the first example of self-government?||The Mayflower Compact||6. 6. What was the first example of representative government?||The Virginia House of Burgesses||7. 7. What motivated the Pilgrims to immigrate to America?||they wanted religious freedom?||8. 8. What motivated the settlers who colonized Jamestown?||a desire to find gold||9. 9. What cash crop saved the settlement of Jamestown?||tobacco||10. 10. Why was it difficult for the New England colonies to farm?||long winters and thin rocky soil||11. 11. What geographic factors made it possible for the Southern colonies to have an economy based on plantation agriculture?||fertile soil, warm and humid climate, long summers, long growing season, access to water||12. 12. What were European nations competing for in the 16th century?||Trying to find the quickest and safest water route to Asia||13. 13. Where were most of the early English colonies located by?||the Atlantic coast||14. 14. What motivated the French to explore in North America?||a desire to establish fur trading posts||15. 15. What was the significance of the Magna Carta?||limited the power of the king of England and guaranteed Englishmen trial by jury|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)