1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Using Alexandria, name a book by the author Cynthia Rylant.||Whales, Missing May, In Aunt Lucy’s Kitchen, Gooseberry Park, The Case of the Climbing Cat, The Case of the Missing Monkey, Margaret, Frank and Andy, Henry and Mudge and Annie’s Good Movie, Dog Heaven and many many more||2. Some books by Cynthia Rylant are . . . Whales, Missing May, In Aunt Lucy’s Kitchen, Gooseberry Park, The Case of the Climbing Cat, The Case of the Missing Monkey, Margaret, Frank and Andy, Henry and Mudge and Annie’s Good Movie, Dog Heaven and many many more!||Using Alexandria, name a book by the author Cynthia Rylant.||3. How many books may you checkout each time you come to the library?||2 books||4. When and where do you need to return your books?||I should return my books every 2 weeks, on my color week (white or yellow). I will return them to my classroom library bin no later than the morning of my checkout day.||5. How do you know when to return your library books?||I will look for the sign outside the Learning Center telling me if it is a white or a yellow week.|
Question 1 (of 5)
Question 2 (of 5)
Question 3 (of 5)
Question 4 (of 5)
Question 5 (of 5)