1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 50% of 100||50||2. 100% of Superb 7||13.5||3. 1/3 of the sides of a hexagon||2||4. 1/4 + 3/8 =||5/8||5. maximum score in a test in %||100%||6. 6 tenths, 7 hundredths, 4 thousandths as a decimal||0.674||7. four units, one hundred and twenty two thousandths as a decimal||4.0122||8. 9000 thousandths is written as 0.009 true or false||true||9. 167 hundredths is written as 16.7||false||10. 67.23 round this to the nearest tenth||67.20||11. 48.07 round this to the nearest tent||48.10||12. Hamburger $4.95 can of drink $2.25 Large chips $1.15 how much?||$8.35||13. How much changes back from $10 when you pay $8.35||$1.65||14. quarter of an hour in minutes||15||15. How many minutes in 8/4 of an hour||120||16. Rate this activity1/5poor2/5OK3/5good4/5cool5/5do maths all the time like this||5|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)