1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What percent of 56 is 14?||25%||2. What percent of 125 is 98?||78 2/5%||3. What number is 55% of 80?||44||4. What number is 30% of 130?||39||5. 11 is 22% of what number?||50||6. 48 is 75% of what number?||64||7. Of the 325 teams in the NCAA Division 1 Women's Basketball, 4% are in the Mid-American Conference. How many teams are in the Mid-American Conference?||13 teams||8. An adult cat has a body mass of 3500 grams. It can eat up to 8% of its body mass in food each day. How many grams of food can the cat eat each day?||280g||9. An artist's collection of paintings includes 22 portraits. The portraits make up 40% of the collection. How many paintings are in the collection?||55 paintings||10. In a survey of 1100 adults, 2% chose cooking as their favorite leisure activity. How many adults chose cooking?||22 adults||11. Wind power generates about 0.0015 of the world's electricity. What percent of the world's electricity does wind power generate?||0.15%||12. About 0.3% of the water on Earth is useable by humans. Write 0.3% as a decimals.||0.003||13. Of a radio station's 40 most popular songs of the week, 5/8 were sung by female soloists. What percent of the songs were sung by female soloists?||62.5%|
Question 1 (of 13)
Question 2 (of 13)
Question 3 (of 13)
Question 4 (of 13)
Question 5 (of 13)
Question 6 (of 13)
Question 7 (of 13)
Question 8 (of 13)
Question 9 (of 13)
Question 10 (of 13)
Question 11 (of 13)
Question 12 (of 13)
Question 13 (of 13)