1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1. What word rhyming with Hawaii means "cute"?||Kawaii||2. 2. If you describe your friend as "hen desu ne", what have you said about them?||They are strange/weird.||3. 3. What is the word for "ugly"||Minikui||4. 4. Name the 3 Ninjas.||Rocky, Tum Tum, Colt||5. 5. What did Colt do at the Ninja tournament in Japan?||Dressed up as the blue ninja and lost to a girl.||6. 6. What opened the cave with the golden dragon in it?||Sword and the dagger||7. 7. How do you say someone is silly/idiotic in Japanese?||Baka||8. 8. How do you say hello on the telephone in Japanese?||Moshi moshi||9. 9. What is the Japanese word for paper folding art?||Origami||10. 10. Name the hot green paste sauce added to some Japanese food/cooking?||Wasabi||11. 11. How do you say hello on the telephone in Japanese?||Moshi moshi||12. 12. To say one of your classmates is "kakkoii desu", you think they are?||Hot/good looking||13. 13. How do you respond when Miss says to the class "Minasan, konnichi wa"?||Sensei, konnichi wa.||14. 14. Who was obsessed with sumo wrestling in the 3 Ninjas movie?||Tum Tum||15. 15. Count 1 to 5 in Japanese.||Ichi... ni... san... shi/yon... go! \\(^_^)//|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)