1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. How did Rutherford discover the proton?||Gold Foil Experiment||2. What scientist is best known for his "Plum Pudding" model of the atom?||JJ Thompson||3. Rutherford's gold foil experiment provided evidence that...||There is a dense positive nucleus||4. Who came up with the model of an atom including Neutrons?||Chadwick||5. What was proposed by Erwin Schrodinger?||Electron Cloud||6. Earth, Air, Fire, and Water were the fundamental elements propose by ___.||Aristotle||7. The atom is mostly empty space is a confirmed idea made by who?||Rutherford||8. Which scientist proposed a model of the atom in which the electrons are orbiting at different levels?||Bohr||9. J.J. Thomson's model of the atom is given this name because he believed that electrons were spread randomly throughout a positive sphere.||Plum Pudding||10. Which scientist discovered that most of an atom's mass is contained in its nucleus and the rest is nearly empty space?||Rutherford||11. Which scientist proposed a model of the atom in which the individual atoms were thought of as tiny solids like balls or marbles?||Dalton||12. Who discovered the electron?||Thompson||13. Who is the scientist who proposed the "solar system" model of an atom where the electrons revolve around the nucleus?||Rutherford||14. Who developed the “quantum mechanical” model of the atom?||Schrodinger and Heisenberg||15. Who concluded atoms were made of mostly empty space?||Rutherford|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)