1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1. What does the word Dynamics mean?||Volume||2. 2. Name the 4 main sections of an orchestra.||Strings, Brass, Woodwind, Percussion||3. 3. How many beats is a Minim worth?||Two (2)||4. 4. How many black keys (of different note names) would you find on a keyboard?||Five (5)||5. 5. At the start of a line of music there is normally one of two symbols. One is called a Bass Clef, what is the other called?||Treble Clef||6. 6. In Dynamics, what is the word for Loud?||Forte||7. 7. Using notes in treble clef, what note name sits on the middle line of the music?||B||8. 8. What is the musical word used to describe speed?||Tempo||9. 9. What is the title given to the person who stands at the front of the orchestra?||Conductor||10. 10. How many strings are on a bass guitar?||Four (4)||11. 11. When talking about tempo, what do the letters BPM stand for?||Beats Per Minute||12. 12. What does the word Crescendo mean?||Getting Louder||13. 13. What instrumental family would the Timpani belong to?||Percussion||14. 14. What do the symbols # and b stand for in music?||Sharps (#) and Flats (b)||15. 15. How many keys are there on a Piano?||Eighty Eight (88)|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)