1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Chimpanzees, or “chimps” for short, are amazing animals.||amazing||2. Chimpanzees are hairy animals.||hairy||3. Long dark hair covers most of their bodies.||long, dark||4. Chimpanzees have long arms and large ears.||long, large||5. They can make the funniest faces.||funniest||6. Chimpanzees spend time on the ground but are often in tall trees.||tall||7. Chimpanzees are social animals.||social||8. They live in family groups.||family||9. They communicate using facial expressions.||facial||10. We must make sure this endangered species does not become extinct.||endangered||11. Dr. Jane Goodall’s interest in animals began at an early age.||early||12. As a young woman, she traveled to Olduvai Gorge.||young||13. Dr. Goodall lived at the Gombe Game Reserve in Tanzania for many years.||many||14. Dr. Goodall said the chimpanzees enjoyed the morning sun.||morning||15. She spent her long busy days following chimpanzees through the forest.||long busy|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)