1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Not happy with your classes? Need a new career? Come here.||guidance||2. Tardy? Come here to get your pass. Legal? Come here to get a parking decal.||student services||3. I haven't been here before. Where do I go for help?||front office||4. Hungry? Manager's Choice is on the menu. Come see me for a surprise.||cafeteria||5. I'm the furthest away and I have no doors. Girls, you may need the boys' help with this one.||boys bathroom||6. Paint, easel, watercolor, and brush. If you want it to look nice, you better not rush.||art room||7. Got an ache you can't shake? Upset tummy from eating something so yummy?||nurse||8. Dramas and Comedies...Assemblies and Awards||auditorium||9. Did you see that basket? Did you hear them cheer?||gym||10. If you need a fruit smoothie or an after-school snack, come here to curb that hunger attack.||campus shop||11. Uh oh! Hurry up! You need to catch me if you want to go home.||bus ramp||12. Left-right. Left-right. Forward face. March Cadet. Halt here.||ROTC||13. Read and write all day long. Weaving quotes, finding themes, get the grade, hope it floats.||literature class||14. Type a paper, check out a book. You will find new worlds here if you only take a look.||media center||15. iStation again? Newsela-what? You'll miss me next year when you won't be in here.||room 311|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)