1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Temperate||Which forest has distinct seasons?||2. Temperate Deciduous||Which forest has a moderate climate year round?||3. Two||How many types of rainforests are there?||4. Tropical and Temperate||What are the types of rainforest?||5. 70-85 degrees||What is the temperature like in a tropical rainforest?||6. 30-60 inches||How much rain do temperate forests get in a year?||7. Where they are in relation to the equator and the poles||What is the main difference in forests?||8. Near the equator||Where are rainforests located?||9. They lose their leaves in the winter and they have sap||What is an adaptation of trees in the temperate forest?||10. Hibernation and migration||What are two ways animals have adapted to temperate forests?||11. 80-400 inches||How much rain to tropical rainforests get?||12. Between 70 and 90 degrees||What is the temperature of tropical rainforests?||13. 4 layers||How many layers does the rainforest have?||14. Half the species of plants and animals on Earth||How many different plants and animals can you find in a tropical rainforest?||15. Adaptation to living in the trees||What is one adaptation many animals in a tropical rainforest have?|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)