1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Find this book-- Zzz: The Most Interesting Book You'll Ever Read About Sleep #sleepy||612.8 Rom||2. Find this book-- Crocodile Tears #cry||FIC HOR||3. Find the book about forensic science by Lisa Thompson #eyes||363.25 THO||4. Mrs. Garner and Ms. Bridges will be happy if you sign in when you come to the Media Center on a pass. Find the sign in sheet. #grin||sign in sheet||5. Find this book-- Heist Society. #sunglasses||FIC CAR||6. Find the biography of Leo Politi #halo||92 POL||7. Find this book-- George Clooney: Please Marry My Mom #hearteyes||FIC NIE||8. Find this book-- The Puzzling World of Winston Breen #confused||FIC BER||9. Find this book-- about sharks by Nicola Davies #surprised||597.3 DAV||10. Find this book-- You Must Be Joking #wink||818 BRE||11. Find this book-- The Cupcake Queen #yum||FIC HEP||12. When Thomas Edison invented the telephone, he probably celebrated. Find the reference book titled Inventors and Inventions #tada||REF 609 INV||13. When you log off your computer and leave the area neat, Ms. Garner rejoices. Look under the computer nearest the back door for your emoji #joy||computer||14. Find the book by Jerry Spinell that fits this hashtag #smile||FIC SPI||15. Find this book--They Never Came Back #sad||FIC COO|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)