1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Our novel takes place in this state.||Alabama||2. Our narrator in the novel writes from what point of view?||First Person||3. The Finch Family employs a black woman who cooks, cleans, and cares for the children. What’s her name?||Calpurnia||4. Our narrator’s father reads every night for several hours. What’s his name?||Atticus||5. The sheriff holds the people accountable for their actions. What is Maycomb’s sheriff’s name?||Heck Tate||6. “Don’t you say hey to me, you ugly girl,” was one of her funniest lines in the book, however this character was not trying to be funny. What was her name?||Mrs. Dubose||7. What are the names of our narrator and her brother who went to see Ms. Caroline for their education?||Scout and Jem||8. What character in our novel surprised Ms. Caroline when he pulled a cootie from his hair in school?||Burris Ewell||9. In our novel, who said “I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand?”||Atticus||10. “Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit ‘em, but remember it’s a sin to kill a __________________.”||mockingbird||11. Our constitution offers every American the opportunity for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. During our reading we realize that those freedoms have not been offered to everyone. What is Maycomb’s “usual disease?”||racism||12. The choir of voices echo through the First Purchase Church and they are led in song by _______________________, Calpurnia’s oldest son.||Zeebo||13. What is theme in literature?||The author's message or meaning.||14. Our narrator’s brother, _______________________, is going to need a doctor in the not so distant future.||Jem||15. We’re heading to the main focus of our story where Atticus will defend Tom Robinson who has been accused of ______________________.||rape|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)