1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What is the chemical symbol for hydrogen?||H||2. How many planets are in our solar system?||8||3. Who was the first man to walk on the moon?||Neil Armstrong||4. What is the outside layer of the earth called?||the crust||5. What do you use to measure the mass of an object?||a balance||6. What is the tallest mountain on earth?||Mount Everest/The Himalayas||7. Fe is the chemical symbol for what element?||sodium||8. What is the biggest planet in our solar system?||Jupiter||9. What is the name of the closest star to the earth?||the Sun||10. Herbivores eat what type of food?||plants||11. Carnivores eat what type of food?||meat||12. What is the only letter NOT on the periodic table?||J||13. What is the first step in the scientific method?||Ask a question||14. Which is smaller, a cell or an atom?||an atom||15. Which travels faster, light or sound?||light|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)