1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. How does light travel?||SL||2. What is the speed of sound?||300||3. What happens to light when it hits a mirror?||reflection||4. What type of wave is light?||transverse||5. What happens to the speed of light when it hits water?||Slows down||6. Get a sticker off Mr Liptrot?||OK||7. What is the name given to the process when light slows down and bends?||Refraction||8. What colour is relfected when something is black?||nowt||9. Why cant we see around corners?||Straight lines||10. What is the piece of equipment called that is used in a submarine?||Periscope||11. What is the law of reflection?||I=R||12. What is the line called on a diagram coming from a ray box?||Incidence||13. What is the process called in which light can bounce down a optical cable?||total internal reflection||14. Name a part of the eye that light passes first?||Cornea||15. What is a black hole black?||No light||16. How does a color wheel work?||White light|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)