1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. I'm in a green semi circle||the gym||2. I like to put my bike here||Bike rack||3. I learnt here when i was 11 and 12||LC O'Lochlan||4. I like to store my bike here||Bike shed||5. Uhhh exams||LC Doyle||6. Big stone stairs||In between LC O'Lochlan and Hope||7. Knowledge||Library||8. Trash Cage||Behind the gym||9. How much are the nachos||Cafeteria||10. Rock climbing||Rock climbing wall||11. Middle of a large ring of grass||Oval on cricket pitch||12. the twelvies live here||LC Hope||13. Sanding||Woodwork room||14. Mr. Wright sits here when fishing||His spot in the fish bowl||15. I play on the ground||Playground|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)