1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. The capital of the USA is : New York or Washington D.C.||Washington D.C.||2. The leader of the USA is A/The president B/The king||The president||3. We salute the flag by saying A/The boys Scout promise B/the Pledge of allegiance||The Pledge of allegiance||4. What statue welcomes people to the USA? A/Washington Monument B/Statue of Liberty||Statue of Liberty||5. Where does the president of the USA live ? A/City Hall B/The White House||The White House||6. What holiday celebrate US independence? A/Fourth of July B/New Year's Day||Fourth of July||7. How many States are there in the USA? A/100 B/50||50||8. WWhat is the national song (or anthem) of the USA? A/The Star Spangled Banner B/God Bless America||The Star Spangled Banner||9. What is the basic unit of money in the USA? A/the pound B/the dollar||the dollar||10. What continent is the USA on? A/North America B/South America||North America||11. How many stripes are on the USA? A/50 B/13||13||12. What country is to the north of the USA? A/Canada B/Mexico||Canada||13. How many stars are on the US flag? A/13 B/50||50||14. What is the longest river in the USA? A/Mississippi River B/Hudson River||Mississippi River||15. What president is on the US dollar? A/Thomas Jefferson B/George Washington||George Washington|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)