1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What is the normal respiration rate for an adult?||12-20||2. What is the normal heart rate for an adult||60-100||3. What is Bradycardia?||Slow Heart Rate lower than 60||4. What is Tachycardia?||Fast Heart Rate greater than 100||5. What is the definition of hypotension?||Low Blood Pressure||6. Who does the nursing assistant report patient concerns to?||The Nurse||7. What does SNF stand for?||Skilled Nursing Facilities||8. A patient with cancer and an estimated 6 weeks to live might have _____Care||hospice||9. What is an illness or condition with no known cure with issues/symptoms or pain lasting longer than 6 weeks||Chronic Illness||10. How many skills will we learn in this class that could be tested by the Washington state test?||22 Skills||11. A patient is angry, incoherent, ripping out their IV causing them to bleed and throwing items at the nurse. They are now a harm to themselves and the people coming in the room trying to care for them. What might be ordered?||Restraints||12. These are set in a professional setting to limit or separate relationships||Boundaries||13. Miles is a 22 year old cerebral palsy patient that needs assistance from other to do the most basic daily routines such as eating and using the restroom. Miles is considered a?||Vulnerable adult||14. What pulse point do we palpate when we practice recording a pulse?||Radial Pulse||15. What pulse do we palpate and then listen to when we are assessing a blood pressure?||Brachial Pulse|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)