1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Draw a picture of an object with symmetry||2. Oregon and Washington are in this region||Northwest||3. What is the helping verb in this sentence. Nick will eat spaghetti for supper tonight.||will||4. What is the helping verb in this sentence? The dogs are sleeping outside today.||are||5. What is the action verb in this sentence? The little pig grunts.||grunts||6. What is the action verb in this sentence? The roof on the house leaks.||leaks||7. Is dog a noun or verb?||noun||8. Is sneezes a noun or action verb?||action verb||9. Is house a noun or verb?||noun||10. 4.567 - 3.784=||.783||11. Describe the general climate of the Northwest Regions.||12. Who is the author of Chocolate Fever?||Robert Kimmel Smith||13. Tell a friend: Why do you think Henry feels so comforted by Nurse Molly Farthing?||14. Tell a different friend: Have you ever been afraid of a doctor's, nurse's or dentist's office? If so, describe why you were frightened and what you did to get over your fear. If not, explain how it is you've been so brave!||15. St. Patrick is the patron saint of what country?||Ireland||16. Where and what year was the first St. Patrick's day celebrated?||Boston, Massachusetts in 1737|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)