1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Career Prep gives students an opportunity to learn in two places, at school and at work.||True||2. The career prep program is usually under the leadership of a teacher call the teacher/coordinator.||True||3. Career prep is a three-way relationship between the training sponsor (employer), the school, and the student.||True||4. Career prep gives students a chance to test some of their career interests.||True||5. The teacher/coordinator is responsible for visiting the student's training station once every six weeks to ensure job success.||True||6. Initiative means looking ahead and doing tasks without having to be told.||True||7. Career Prep can help students acquire marketable skills and gain on-the-job experience.||True||8. As a beginning worker, you will be expected to know how to do every task before starting.||False||9. An employer will expect you to call in if you are too ill to come to work.||True||10. Your training station is the Career Prep class.||False||11. One of your responsibilities if you are absent from school is call or text the teacher/coordinator.||True||12. You must work a minimum of ________ hours per week to receive credit in Career Prep.||15||13. Calls to the teacher/coordinator to report an absence must be made by ______.||11 a.m.||14. What happens to your dependability grade if an absence was not called in?||Deduction of 5 points||15. If you know in advance about an appointment, what should you do?||Write on the teacher/coordinator's calendar|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)