1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. This little boy was the product of English folklore, and when I say little, I really mean he was SMALL! Who was this tiny son of "Thomas of the Mountain", according to the story as it was written in 1621?||Tom Thumb||2. Who was Paul Bunyan’s sidekick?||Babe the Blue Ox||3. Why did Hansel and Gretel’s parents abandon them in the woods?||Famine left the family without enough food to eat||4. Who is the boy who trades his family cow for a handful of dried up old beans?||Jack||5. Who is the wooden boy who longs to be a “real” boy?||Pinocchio||6. Who gets Grandma out of the wolf's stomach in Little Red Riding Hood?||Woodcutter||7. What three ways did Snow Whites wicked step-mother attempt to kill her?||laced her corset too tight, poison comb, poison apple||8. What was the story that had the princess with the lost shoe?||Cinderella||9. What is the cat's name that has the sword?||Puss n Boots||10. In Little Red Riding Hood, where was Little Red going?||Grandmother’s house||11. What princess has really long hair?||Rapunzel||12. What is the occupation of the Seven Dwarfs?||Miners||13. A dwarf named Rumplestiltskin says he will not hold a miller’s daughter to the promise of her firstborn child if she does what?||Guesses his name||14. The evil Maleficent is the primary antagonist in which classic story?||Sleeping Beauty||15. What proverb best describes the method the Prince uses to identify Cinderella as his true love?||If the shoe fits, wear it|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)