1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1.What are your names? Take a picture of you and your partner by a wildcat.||2. 2.What is Mr. Thomas' favorite super hero?||3. 3.What Lone Star book is by Veronica Roth(author)?||4. 4.What is the cost of the yearbook?||5. 5.What is "wanted" on the Wanted posters throughout the school?||6. 6.Which teacher's "dream vacation" is Scotland?||7. 7.How many "longhorns" are in the milling area?||8. 8.What is Mrs. Mendez's room number?||9. 9.What super hero is going back to History?||10. 10.What subject is Spiderman weaving into success?||11. 11.Who is the artist of the Wildcat drawing next to the elevator?||12. 12.Which computer lab has computers named after colleges?||13. 13.How many steps lead up to the auditorium?||14. 14.How many cowboys are riding horses in the M-wing?||15. 15.How many seats are available at the cafeteria table?|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)