1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What is the total cost of shirt that is $22.95 wiht 6% tax?||$24.33||2. What is the total cost of a $40 pair of jeans with a 20% discount?||$32||3. What is the total cost of a $24 lunch and a 15% tip?||$27.60||4. What is the discount amount of a $74 sweatershirt with a 25% discount?||$18.50||5. What is the total cost of a book that is on sale for $10.85 with 4% tax?||$11.28||6. What is the tip amount for a $97.55 dinner with 18% tip?||$17.56||7. What is the total cost for a $28 basketball with a 45% discount?||$15.40||8. What is the total cost for a DVD box set that is on sale for $59.99 and has sales tax of 6.5%?||63.89||9. What is the total cost of a $98 tent with a 30% discount?||$68.60||10. What is the tip amount on a breakfast that is $37.65 and a 15% tip?||$5.65||11. A necklace costs $45.99. If the sales tax rate is 8.25%, what is the amount of sales tax?||$3.79||12. If you buy a PS4 for $275 and there is a 6% sales tax rate, what is the total cost you will pay?||$291.50||13. A jacket is on sale for 25% off the original price of $42. A sales tax of 7% also is added. How much will the jacket cost after the discount with tax?||$33.71||14. Anna wants to buy 3 purses. The purses cost $125, 200, and $230. The sales tax on the purchase is 7.25%. Find the total cost of Anna's purchases.||$595.24||15. Ms. Brown bought a $118 watch on sale for 35% off. How much is the discount?||$41.30|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)